- The number of competitors on each team is limited to 3 to 8 persons (not including stagehands/administrators and instructors). Competitors may not be in any contractual agreement with any broker firms.
- The competition is divided into groups A and B, and each participant may only register in one group:
- Group A: competitors must be aged between 12 and 18 years (born between 01 September, 1998 and 01 July, 2005).
- Group B: competitors must be over the age of 19 (born on or before 31 August, 1998).
(Teams with mixed age groups will be allocated to the group corresponding to the age of the oldest team member.)
II. Registration deadline: 09 July, 2017.
III. Registration method: Internet registrations only.
- 【Preliminary Competitions】
- Group A: 13:00, 22 July, 2017 (Saturday)
- Group B: 13:00, 23 July, 2017 (Sunday)
- Location: Metro Daan Park Station Plaza
- Groups A and B: 13:00, 05 August, 2017 (Saturday)
- Location: Metro Daan Park Station Plaza
- Groups A and B: 13:00, 12 August, 2017 (Saturday)
- Location: Metro Daan Park Station Plaza
V.Scoring criteria and rules:
- Dance skills: 50%; styling 20%; teamwork: 20%; music: 10%.
- 【Preliminary Competitions】：Competition time for each team is limited to 90 to 120 seconds.
【Semifinals and Finals】：Competition time for each team is limited to 4 to 5 minutes.
- If the performance time of a team is shorter or longer than the time limit, this will be calculated by units of 20 seconds. One score point of the total average score will be deducted per unit; times under 20 seconds will be calculated as 20 seconds.
- Timing standards: timing starts at the beginning of performance (when the music or dance movement starts, whichever comes first) and ends at the end of performance (when the music or dance movement ends, whichever is last) (obvious exits will not be counted towards the timing).
- Five professional judges will be scoring the competition. The full score will be 100 points, and the scores given by the five judges will be summed up to form the final total score.
- 【Preliminary Competitions】15 teams (a total of 30 teams across groups A and B) will be selected by their performance rankings to enter the semifinals. 【Semifinals】 10 teams (a total of 20 teams across both groups) will be selected by their performance rankings to enter the finals.
- The competitions are scored openly, with the scores announced immediately after each competition. Lists will also be published on this website and the website of the Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation within two days of the end of the activities.
- The following awards will be issued to group A and group B respectively:
- 1【Champion】NT$160,000 + one trophy
- 1【Runner-up】 NT$100,000 + one trophy
- 1【Second runner-up】 NT$50,000 + one trophy
- 3【Award of excellence】NT$20,000 + one medal
- 4【Finalist awards】NT$2,500 (for all finalists without awards)
VII.Check-in time: (applicable to both competitions)
- Competing teams should be present at the activity site to make the draw at 10am on the day of competition. Failing to do so may result in disqualification at the discretion of the organizer.
- No dress rehearsal is allowed at the site of the Preliminary Competitions and Semifinals. However, the organizer will allow time for sound tests and simple walk-throughs. There will be time for dress rehearsals and sound tests at the Finals. Time arrangements are subject to onsite arrangements made by the organizer.
VIII. Matters of attention: (applicable to both competitions)
- Pursuant to the regulations of the Income Tax Act of the Republic of China, if the winning prize or bonus amount exceeds NT$20,001 (inclusive), the prize winner must pay the tax equivalent to 10% of the income of the awarded prize before accepting the prize; if the winner is a foreign national (i.e. a native who has been living in the territory of the Republic of China for less than 183 days a year, or a foreigner), tax will be deducted at a rate of 20%.
- Pursuant to the regulations of the Tax Act of the Republic of China, if the awarded amount exceeds NT$1,000, the awarded income will be included in the personal annual income for tax declaration. Therefore, the winner shall fill in and submit relevant receipts as required before accepting the prize. Persons unwilling to cooperate will be deemed as voluntarily waiving their rights and will receive no prize qualification.
- In the event that imposture or use of illegal music are found in the winning team, after being reported by the relevant right-holder and such circumstance has been verified, the organizer may unilaterally cancel the prize qualification, apart from recovering the bonus and awards, the organizer may ask the winning team for punitive liquidated damages equivalent to double the bonus amount. In addition, if any damage is caused to the organizer, the winning team shall bear the damage compensation responsibility therefor.
- Competitors shall self-prepare legal music in MP3 format, save it on their USB drives, and submit the USB drives with the performance music when making the draw. Once the rehearsals are complete and the music has been confirmed to be correct, the USB drive will be returned.
- In the event of any copyright issues regarding the music selected for participation in the competition, the competitor shall acquire the supporting documents, such as licensing agreements, by their own means. In addition to requesting such supporting documents, the organizer may also ask the competitors to sign a copyright affidavit at the scene.
- Teams may use either the same or different music throughout the Preliminary Competitions, Semifinals and Finals. However, competitors must remain on the same team as registered, and no replacement, addition or removal of team members is allowed.
- Dedicated staff assigned by the organizer will be filming, recording and photographing the events during the competition, to which competitors may not object.
- While the teams are competing, team instructors may not give any instructions on the scene, whether verbally or gestural.
- When the previous competing team is on stage, the following competing team should standby in the "preparation area", and remain quiet so not to affect the ongoing competition. During the competition, teams which fail to show after being called three times will be deemed as having waived their rights. Please keep quiet in the preparation area, do not affect others' competition, and please do not move any stage props at will, so as to avoid affecting the rights and interests of others.
- The organizer will set up the lighting and broadcasting equipment. All costumes, props and stagehands needed for the performance are the responsibility of the participant.
- The information on the registration form must be filled in correctly and thoroughly. No changes are allowed once the registration has been completed, including any additions or reductions, or the competitor’s qualification will be canceled.
- Competitors who have succeeded to enter the next stage will be announced at the scene. The list will also be published on the official website within two days of the end of the activity.
- The winners list will be announced after the Finals. All teams participating in the Finals should wait for the announcements at the scene, and attend the award ceremony.
- The teams winning the Finals shall cooperate with any necessary arrangements of subsequent promotional activities.
- Competing team shall keep the resting area clean, and dispose of any rubbish collectively.
- Props used by participants may not be abandoned at the site.
- Since the competition venue is an open area, each competitor must be aware of their personal belongings and valuables at all times. The organizer will not bear any responsibility for any loss or damage.
- The winning teams of excellence awards and above agree to cooperate and perform at activities hosted or co-hosted by the Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation within one year of winning the competition. Such performances will be limited to one time and a duration of within 1 hour, each participating team member will be rewarded a NT$2000 transportation allowance.
- Any question regarding this activity shall be subject to the official onsite announcements made by the organizer. The organizer reserves the right to change the activity.
- All persons participating in this activity will be deemed as agreeing upon the above stipulations.