- This segment is a MV dance simulation competition. Participants may choose any music video of their liking, in any language, whether native or foreign, and perform their imitation in the competition.
- The number of competitors on each team is limited to 1 to 10 persons ((not including stagehands/administrators and instructors). The competition is open to all genders and ages. Competitors may not be in any contractual agreement with any broker firms. Repeat registrations are not allowed and will result in the annulment of competition qualification.
II. Registration deadline: 09 July, 2017.
III. Registration method: Internet registrations only.
- STEP 1：
Participants shall upload their competition clips to the YouTube video platform. The file name must be in the format of "activity name + group name", e.g.: 2017 Metro MV Dance Simulation Competition funk dance team (please refer to the relevant YouTube regulations for details on uploading specifications, limitations, and methods; any clips found in violation of the YouTube regulations, or that include obvious insinuations, explicit language, or fail to conform with the regulations of the film competition will be deemed ineligible and therefore disqualified).
- STEP 2：
After uploading the competition clip to the activity website of the "2017 Metro Street Dance Competition", participants shall fill in the relevant registration information, and attach the YouTube link of their competition clip, team name, and introduction to complete the registration.
- STEP 3：
To confirm that your registration is complete, go to the "Account Management" and log in with the account and password you have registered. If you are able to see your team’s registration information at the back end, your registration has been successful.
- 【Preliminary Competitions】competitors are assessed and selected by the clips they have uploaded.
- 【Finals】13:00, 05 August, 2017 (Saturday)
- Site: Metro Daan Park Station Plaza
V.Scoring criteria and rules:
- Dance skills: 50%; styling: 30%; teamwork or personal charisma: 20%.
- Competition time for each team is limited to 3 to 5 minutes.
- 【Preliminary Competitions】10 teams will be selected for the finals according to the score rankings of their registered competition clips.
- The clips for the Preliminary Competitions must have been filmed within the registration period. Framing, composition, and camera work are not considered for scoring. Only the standard items will be scored.
- 1 [Champion] NT$30,000 + one trophy
- 1 [Runner-up] NT$20,000 + one trophy
- 1 [Second runner-up] NT$10,000 + one trophy
VII.Check-in time: (applicable to both competitions)
- Competing teams should be present at the activity site to make the draw at 10am on the day of competition. Failing to do so may result in disqualification at the discretion of the organizer.
- No dress rehearsal is allowed at the site of the Preliminary Competitions and Semifinals. However, the organizer will allow time for sound tests and simple walk-throughs. There will be time for dress rehearsals and sound tests at the Finals. Time arrangements are subject to onsite arrangements made by the organizer.
VIII. Matters of attention: (applicable to both competitions)
- Pursuant to the regulations of the Income Tax Act of the Republic of China, if the winning prize or bonus amount exceeds NT$20,001 (inclusive), the prize winner must pay the tax equivalent to 10% of the income of the awarded prize before accepting the prize; if the winner is a foreign national (i.e. a native who has been living in the territory of the Republic of China for less than 183 days a year, or a foreigner), tax will be deducted at a rate of 20%.
- Pursuant to the regulations of the Tax Act of the Republic of China, if the awarded amount exceeds NT$1,000, the awarded income will be included in the personal annual income for tax declaration. Therefore, the winner shall fill in and submit relevant receipts as required before accepting the prize. Persons unwilling to cooperate will be deemed as voluntarily waiving their rights and will receive no prize qualification.
- In the event that imposture or use of illegal music are found in the winning team, after being reported by the relevant right-holder and such circumstance has been verified, the organizer may unilaterally cancel the prize qualification, apart from recovering the bonus and awards, the organizer may ask the winning team for punitive liquidated damages equivalent to double the bonus amount. In addition, if any damage is caused to the organizer, the winning team shall bear the damage compensation responsibility therefor.
- Competitors shall self-prepare legal music in MP3 format, save it on their USB drives, and submit the USB drives with the performance music when making the draw. Once the rehearsals are complete and the music has been confirmed to be correct, the USB drive will be returned.
- In the event of any copyright issues regarding the music selected for participation in the competition, the competitor shall acquire the supporting documents, such as licensing agreements, by their own means. In addition to requesting such supporting documents, the organizer may also ask the competitors to sign a copyright affidavit at the scene.
- Teams may use either the same or different music throughout the Preliminary and Finals Competitions. However, competitors must remain on the same team as registered, and no replacement, addition or removal of team members is allowed.
- Dedicated staff assigned by the organizer will be filming, recording and photographing the events during the competition, to which competitors may not object.
- While the teams are competing, team instructors may not give any instructions on the scene, whether verbally or gestural.
- When the previous competing team is on stage, the following competing team should standby in the "preparation area", and remain quiet so not to affect the ongoing competition. During the competition, teams which fail to show after being called three times will be deemed as having waived their rights. Please keep quiet in the preparation area, do not affect others' competition, and please do not move any stage props at will, so as to avoid affecting the rights and interests of others.
- The organizer will set up the lighting and broadcasting equipment. All costumes, props and stagehands needed for the performance are the responsibility of the participant.
- The information on the registration form must be filled in correctly and thoroughly. No changes are allowed once the registration has been completed, including any additions or reductions, or the competitor’s qualification will be canceled.
- Competitors who have succeeded to enter the next stage will be announced at the scene. The list will also be published on the official website within two days of the end of the activity.
- The winners list will be announced after the Finals. All teams participating in the Finals should wait for the announcements at the scene, and attend the award ceremony.
- The teams winning the Finals shall cooperate with any necessary arrangements of subsequent promotional activities.
- Competing team shall keep the resting area clean, and dispose of any rubbish collectively.
- Props used by participants may not be abandoned at the site.
- Since the competition venue is an open area, each competitor must be aware of their personal belongings and valuables at all times. The organizer will not bear any responsibility for any loss or damage.
- The winning teams of excellence awards and above agree to cooperate and perform at activities hosted or co-hosted by the Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation within one year of winning the competition. Such performances will be limited to one time and a duration of within 1 hour, each participating team member will be rewarded a NT$2000 transportation allowance.
- Any question regarding this activity shall be subject to the official onsite announcements made by the organizer. The organizer reserves the right to change the activity.
- All persons participating in this activity will be deemed as agreeing upon the above stipulations.